Campus is a stand alone ECHS campus serving the Bastrop area. Principal is the founding principal.
- Develop traditions around HS/college graduation as this is the campus' first graduating class.
- Develop senior leadership in a campus where seniors are mostly on the college campus and have very little interaction with the freshmen and sophomores.
- Move students from Approaching Standard to Meets and Meets to Master
- Increase the completion rate for college classes.
- Benchmark 5: TSI Support - Campus has a TSI Reading/Writing class and TSI Math class. Students stay in class until they pass TSI. TSI practice and testing does not interrupt the instructional day.
- Benchmark 6: Creative Scheduling - Principal creates an innovative schedule that includes busing all students to ACC in Elgin after waiting for students to arrive from the CCHS campus. Fridays are used for tutoring and small group work.
- Benchmark 4: Student support in college classes - The campus places as many teachers as possible on the ACC campus. Support for college classes and TSI is built into the regular HS classes that the students takes.
- Benchmark 6: Teacher leadership - Whole campus is a PLC which devotes its time totally to students. The 9th grade teachers meet every day.
Associate of Science
1. Recruiting students
2. MOU - Not all of the required pieces are included in the MOU and the IHE does not appear to recognize their responsibility in the ECHS.
1. MOU writing support
2. Creating a recruitment plan that MS principals and counselors will understand.
Working with ACC continues to be difficult. They do not appear to understand the HS testing calendar. The principal continues to "go to bat" for students when the system works against them. The principal works with the superintendent who works with the leader of the ACC campuses to meet the needs of their students.
The principal has put in place supports for students who are failing or are in danger of failing their college classes. Students have flexible time on Fridays and support for college math classes is built into their college classes.
Each 9th grader is enrolled in a support class for TSI reading and writing. 9th graders also have two tutorial periods each day. Each 10th grade is enrolled in a support class for math and a college prep advisory course
Tutoring is also offered before and after school with a late bus to accommodate families.
Austin Community College - ACC does not allow dual credit courses to be offered on the home campus. Therefore the campus places as many teachers on the ACC campus as possible. Students can use facilities at will. I would characterize ACC's support of students as little to none.
Campus offers a path to an associates degree which is reported in their college crosswalk. No other classes are available to students.