1. The campus is moving toward students having the opportunity for an Associates' Degree
2. Also, the campus is moving toward students having an endorsements and certifications for all students.
3. The campus is moving toward STEM by creating a Makers' Space and by adding additional STEM courses from Brookhaven Community College.
4. The 8th students are expected to be college ready as a group before they reach the high school. They are testing multiple times.
5. The middle school students (8th) are doing pre-registration for Brookhaven before they reach the high school.
1. The school is aware as a campus that they are a T-STEM School. A T-STEM culture has been created by their leader.
2.There is a STEM Advisory Board in place. A breakfast will open the year for the community leaders, parents, involved.
3. The Advisory Boards the school in their decision to have a STEM summer bridge program.
4. On the advisory they are working to have a representative for each field/pathway.
5. Their is a flexibility allowed with curriculum and instruction around STEM practices. PBL is required by each student at varying levels.
1. Guidance in promoting the STEM culture and how to find additional help from other schools.
1. Almost all teachers at the high school are teaching 30 hours and multiple preparations. The middle school has one preparation in most cases and 30 hours. This results in the lack of someone to plan with in the same subject area weekly. This is a problem to solve by talking with other schools, and visits to other schools.
2. This is a calm school environment. The schedule is ready ahead of time. STEM teachers has less hours because of their lab preparation. (Ex. Engineering has 20 hours) Because of PLTW, the teacher must follow the curriculum and the lab set up is required.
1. The schedule is beginning to come under control and create a sound organizatonal pattern for the school.
2. The challenge is to get the stakeholders involved in support their student and also the school in many ways that they are able to help.
The IHE partner is Brookhaven and they are thoroughly involved in the school. There are 14 classrooms used at various times on the campus. There is liaison from the college who has helped to get professors to the school to teach as a result of a partnership.
Computer Science with PLTW, Bio-medical with PLTW, Engineering with PLTW, Criminal Justice with University of North Texas Curriculum. Every possible student has a pathway or endorsement that can lead to an associate's degree or a certification with endorsement. The hope is that every student in the future will be able to continue their education as a result of this plan.
They have parents who support the robotics team who are engineers, and multiple parents help with introductions to careers on their career days. These same parents are a group that continues to be ready to serve in the school, and in the Advisory Board as needed. This definately is a goal to find an involved workforce partner.