1. Last year there were no students with an Associate's Degree. This year the school will have 15% graduate with an Associate's Degree.
2. The goal is to increase the reading scores for all students by using Myon-a reading program. The diagnostic test shows improvement.
3. AP passing scores will increase from 40% to 55%.
1. The Leadership Team meets weekly to identify areas of need and to begin to work to accomplish them with Action Steps.
2. There is a great partnership for IHE colleges in the area. They have met all requests.
3. STARR passing scores are above the state and district average.
4. The school has a great opportunity with so many students working at the highest level of performance. An example is that these students come into the school below great level, and with 80% below level on lexile reading scores. They see the result of their improvement with 48% of the high school taking and doing well in a dual credit course.
1. The coach will help with working on establishing successful PLC's.
2. The coach will help with increasing the reading scores for more commended students.
3. The coach will work to increased the number of students passing AP with a 3+.
1. Make sure that there is a representative on the Advisory Board for each pathway.
1. The challenge for the high school is to get more students to the commended level. PreAP classes have started in high school and middle school. 18% of the students are commended in reading and below the Harmony average at 22%, and 22% in math and 26% in the Harmony average. 5% were commended in writing. The plan is first to make each student aware of how many questions he/she was away from commended last year.
2. Right now more than 50% of the high school takes Dual Credit courses. We hope to have 100% graduate with an Associate's Degree.
3. PLTW and CT courses are in need of training to continue.
See above for the description of these amazing partners and all they have offered--Brookhaven and Richland.
There is a great partnership offered from Brookhaven and Richland Colleges who have been helpful in building a large Dual Credit program around the Pathways. Three Ph.D. instructors on staff are teaching English, and Social Studies. Eleven professors come and offer classes that are in line with the Pathways and head toward an Associate's Degree. Over half of the school is being challenged in these classes.
The TSI is being offered once in 8th grade, and then in every high school grade as needed and requested.
Through the Advisory Board, the principal is beginning to pool a group of parents working in fields related to the schools need for particular expertise in the World of Work. A parent has helped with an introduction to AT&T. An executive has visited and they are in the process of talking about this partnership.