100% of our students will be core complete and at least 85% will have AA degree when they graduate from the ECHS program.
- Target population is a strength-Parkland ECHS meets all aspects of the target population shown in the blueprint.
- Strong partnership with our higher education partners, El Paso Community College and University of Texas
- Strong outcome based program with 65% Passing reading
- Very strong summer bridge program: two week intense TSI prep and testing as well as community building.
- ECHS needs some help with school design as we add grade levels each year. We would like to see other ECHSs and see how they schedule and add courses
- Parkland ECHS would like to have some personnel flexibility within our district. We will need to add more Masters level teachers to teach in the program as we grow and need the district give us flexibility to move teachers off campus that do not have their masters and can not teach in the ECHS and add Masters level teachers. Flexibility would be to also have a teacher be able to come over and teach just one class for the ECHS and not count on our FTEs for the campus if just one class is needed.
- Parkland ECHS needs to visit other schools that are exemplary in ECHS.
- Developing strong internships
- More technology needed on campus. As our technology needs to be updated and more added as the program grows.
- Google training for teachers
- Mobility rate: many military dependents and so there is a lot of mobility in the students. We need to know how to add students as they move in to the area.
- Staffing- we need more Masters level teachers on campus.-----working with the district to be able to be more flexible in hiring.
PD with Community college
Marsha Tate strategies
Dual credit-online classes
Double block on Dual credit science-gives more time to use technology and to do labs in the science classes.
Any EPCC training in department
Pre AP/GT at the middle school
They also meet with the college departments
ECHS will develop program at the junior/senior level
EPCC-courses, training for teachers, field trips for students, use of facilities
UTEP- mentoring, field trips, speakers, engineering programs, etc.
Possible OnRamps with UT Austin for next year to offer OnRamps physics.
Associate of Arts or Associate of Science pathway as well as many of the students are in the STEM program with Engineering pathway, architecture pathway, technology pathway, medical pathway as well as many CTE pathways.
none- just freshmen in the program this year.