Chapel Hill Collegiate is a partnership between Chapel Hill Independent School District and Tyler Junior College. CHC blends high school and college into a coherent education program that offers small class sizes and a supportive personalized learning environment. Students experience electives and extracurricular activities at the high school as well as those at Tyler Junior College. Chapel Hill Collegiate provides students with the opportunity to pursue a high school diploma and an Associate Degree or two years of college towards a Baccalaureate Degree.
- Benchmark 1: Recruitment process is targeted to ensure to target the sub-populations.
- Benchmark 2: Strong partnership with Tyler Junior College who is actively supporting the ECHS.
- Benchmark 6: Highly qualified teachers who are dedicated to the success of their students.
• Microsoft Office Specialist
•CPR and First Aid
• Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCE)
• Autodesk Inventor Certification
• Autodesk Revit Certification
• Autodesk AutoCAD Certification
• ServSafe Food Handler Certification
• ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Ideas to promote a college prep mindset for students to understand the end in mind
- Ideas for high school students when college is not in session
- Ideas for middle school students to take Algebra I in 8th grade
ECHS principal, counselor and IHE liaison listserv
TEA flexible day waiver information
Protocol for sharing data with faculty
- New board members not understanding the program
- Deputy superintendent will be presenting to the board
- Need for more dedicated staff
- Discussions with principal
- Need for Pre-AP courses for the middle school students
- Discussion with district curriculum director
ECHS requires mandatory tutorial for any student who drops below a 75 after school Saturday school tutorials are for TSI prep and technical writing to students enrolled in the biology dual credit course.
exams for ECHS students.
9th graders - 5 days with 1 day at TJC
10th graders - 4 days
11th graders - 2-3 days with 1 day at TJC
12th graders - 1 day at TJC
Tyler Junior College provides access to all the college facilities to the ECHS students. ECHS students have the opportunity to take advantage of all the learning center supports that the college offers.
College partner is working to align degree pathways with the high school endorsements.The two pathways are business/industry and humanities.