Describe campus/program, goals, and theory of change
Visit 1- October 17, 2017
The campus goal is to keep students motivated and successful as they take college courses.
- Continue with AVID strategies professional development
- TSI support for students
- Parent outreach efforts (especially for those parents who do not want their children to take college courses)
Describe Blueprint Benchmark strengths
Being a school-wide model, Balmorhea serves all students enrolled in their high school (Benchmark 1)
What areas of interest do you have for Technical Assistance (up to 3 areas, rank in order of importance)?
- Student motivation
What tools or resources would be valuable to your campus to support your implementation of the blueprint?
- PD- School-wide AVID & Costa's Levels of Thinking
- Greater Texas Foundation Grant (UTPB pays tuition and books for students enrolled in TSTC)
- Apachi Cooperation- donations to purchase computers
- Support from the CCRM Leadership Coach
What have been your challenges and how have you addressed them?
- Being rural finding businesses to partner with to offer student internships
- Parents do not want their children to go to college
- Students participate in extra-curricular activities throughout the year
- All college courses are on-line courses.
School uses Innovative Instructional Strategies (i.e. PBL, CIF, PLTW, Rounds, New Tech) - please evaluate and describe
School uses Innovative Instructional Strategies (i.e. PBL, CIF, PLTW, Rounds, New Tech) - describe
AVID strategies and Costa's Levels of Thinking
School uses technology effectively - please evaluate and describe
School uses technology effectively - describe
All courses are on-line, therefore, technology is used daily and up to date.
School develops and offers valuable Work-Based Experiences and Internships - please evaluate and describe
School develops and offers valuable Work-Based Experiences and Internships - describe
Being rural work-based experiences are lacking
School offers effective Student Support and Academic Counseling - please evaluate and describe