1. Recruit students so that the school remains open and not lose the high school.
2. There needs to be more classes with active learning--CTE, labs, Dual Credit,
3. The school needs career pathways, certifications for jobs so that when they go to college they can get a job that will pay for college.
1. Advisory Team is in place for the second year.
2. The staff is aware that they are T-STEM and continue to work on strengths and weaknesses.
3. Students were involved in a grant effort this summer--Summer Research Program. KDK Harmon Foundation funded the summer program for $25000. One of the students got first place in the state wide summer fair. Two teams advanced to the international science fair. One student participated in a competition--Junior Science Humanities Symposium--hosted by A& M. Robotics team FLL for the middle school was first in their competition--Regional
.1. There is a need of instructional materials for non-core subjects, resources.
2. Find the grant opportunities to fund these same efforts.
3. Continue to focus on practices of high performing schools.
1. Instructional materials that would benefit active learning would support the implementation of the Blueprint.
2. Building community relations through the Advisory Board.
3. There are a needs such as engineering robotics materials that would support the teachers' efforts.
1. Maintaining student numbers is a critical issue right now. They continually address the successes to the parents and the students.
2. There is an effort to establish a positive culture for the school.
3. Events that other schools have are being considered--Prom, and homecoming.
At the present this is a conversation between ACC and the high school.
This is in progress and in discussion with ACC.
Career Fair will come up on the first, a mixsture of industry and college.